Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

Citrus Whipped Cream

After I started making this recipe I can no longer use store bought whipped cream for anything. And a little heads up...if you have anyone in your house that is like my dad, hide the whipped cream or make extra. Every time I make this I have to tell my dad not to eat the entire bowl of it...at least not in one sitting.

8 oz. marscopone cheese
8 oz. of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract (if I could find vanilla bean I'd use it here to get an intense vanilla flavor)
1/2 cup of sugar (I'd use a fine sugar like baker's sugar. It will dissolve and blend easier)
1 tbsp of orange juice (either fresh or from concentrate)
1 juiced lime
2 tbsp lemon juice (Fresh is best)
The zest of 1/2 lemon, 1 lime, and 1/2 orange

1. Add the marscopone cheese and the heavy whipping cream to a large mixing bowl (I'd use one with high sides so it doesn't go everywhere when mixed).
2. Add the vanilla, zest, sugar, and juices to the bowl.
3. Mix (with a mixer not just a whisk and hand...you need machine power on this one) for 2 minutes or until fully blended. You can add extra sugar to taste if needed.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour at least.

This is the best thing over some honey toasted pound cake and orange slices!

No comments:

Post a Comment