Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pesto Pizza

So this recipe is an easy 15 minute meal. I love pesto pizza and wanted to make it myself but I was on a budget and a time crunch so I bought the ingredients ready made. I'll post a recipe later for really good basil pesto if you actually have more than 20 minutes to make a delicious meal.

1 bottle of basil pesto. Any brand will do but I bought the store brand and it actually wasn't bad! And don't spend a ton on this ingredient. You're not going to use much of it anyways.
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 bright red tomato. I like plum tomatoes because they are smaller and to me, taste better but you can use whatever tomatoes you like. In summer, you can use yellow and green tomatoes too for a colorful dish.
1 tbsp coarse black pepper or red pepper flakes
1 pkg of ready made pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)

1. Preheat your oven to the degree stated on the pkg of pizza dough.
2. Roll out the dough on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
3. While the dough is in the oven, cut the tomato into very thin slices and place it to the side.
4. Take the dough out of the oven after about 5 minutes to spread on the pesto. Shake up the jar of pesto so that it's mixed well. Take a rubber spatula and spoon out about half the jar of pesto onto the dough. Spread it thin and sprinkle the cheese onto the pizza. You can also use different types of cheeses like Parmesan, Asiago, Ricotta, etc. Place the thinly sliced tomato on the pizza as well.
5. Place the pizza back into the oven and continue cooking until the edges of the pizza begin to brown.

With this pizza, I like to make a fun and festive salad with seasonal fruits.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good. I love reading your blog. Please post more!

    ReplyDelete