Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update on Tied With Love

Hey guys! So for those of you who don't know what Tied With Love is, it's a project I started a while ago. I make fleece blankets with ties around the edges for patients who are undergoing treatment for cancer and other diseases at City of Hope hospital in Duarte, CA. I started it because my mom passed away from breast cancer ten years ago and I wanted to give back to the hospital that helped out my family when we were struggling. This last summer, with the help of the Psi Beta honors club at Citrus College, family and friends, and my community, I was able to deliver 39 blankets to the pediatric in-patient unit at the hospital.

I am now working towards doing another delivery of blankets to the hospital hopefully for next summer (Summer 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment